Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's it worth to you?

Sunday gems from Ashland...

Is it worth it? What are you willing to give up for it? Have you counted the costs before you chose to commit to it? What's it??? Your relationship with Christ! In Luke 14, Jesus sternly tells his "followers" to get off the fence and give up their lives if they want to truly be one of his disciples. This passage caused me to reflect this morning on the things of this world I gravitate towards, the temptations before me and the lack of self control I have in certain situations. Is my relationship with Christ paramount to everything else? Am I willing to pick up my cross and stop expecting other people to carry it for me? My heart feels compelled to remember my commitment and what exactly that means I want to give up because it IS worth it. It IS worth it to me to represent Christ, be consistent in my words and actions and to be set apart from the world that chooses themselves before God. So the answer to my title question: It's worth my life!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

good reflection. I needed to hear that!

One- said...

It's definitely worth it, and we should take time and think about it. I have a friend whose husband is going thru some things right now. I see to much of the "old man" in him these days and it's scary. Rest in the promises of Gods word!

Anonymous said...

Allison, I see your consistancy day in and day out. Sometimes when I am too tired to follow through, I think of you. I see you follow through with your actions and commitments with love and joy. That's what you show to the world that is watching. You are an inspiration to me. I cherish your friendship!

Shannon said...

ok, I already commented on this, but I just wanted to say...
I know we are friends...and always will be...but I wish I was a daily friend who got to live near you and truly share life with you.
love ya!

Unknown said...

Hi, Allison...

Its Shelly. I was thinking about you so I googled you and I found this site...Im going to be in CP July 15-21st. Would love to come see you guys...My email address is 1stsgtwife@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you soon...