Thursday, June 12, 2008

Semi-Finals

So tonight is Jett's semi-final minor's game...the winner goes to the championship game. Jett is super excited. His team, the Padres, has had an amazing season with a record of 18-3-1. Jett told me last night at bedtime that he wants to pray with his team before the game. I asked him why and what he wanted to pray about. He rattled off lots of reasons like: safety, good attitudes, encouragement for both teams, their motto "win as a team, lose as a team" and finally...help us play really good so we can win...ugh...so I realized that this was an amazing show of mature faith for a 10 year old but also, our humanness eventually creeps out and our selfishness creeps in. Fortunately, his devotion in his summer school curriculum we're doing is about trusting God with our hopes and that he'll give us a peaceful heart about the outcome of those things...wow...I love it when God ties together things in a short period of time to drive HIS point home. I'll follow up with how the prayer pow wow goes...he's wondering who will actually accept the invitation to head out to the right field fence and pray.
Sailor's last game is tonight too...I so struggle going between fields for the games. Fortunately, her coach is also one of Josh's assistants so I think he'll hurry along that game so we can head to the big boy's game. Blessings!

No comments: