Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gotta Love Jed...














Our final camping trip of the summer with our lovely Michiels Family to Jedediah Smith State Park. We are surrounding the "biggest" tree in the "world"...something like that. There were 9 of us surrounding the tree and we still couldn't go completely around it...amazing. As we walked through the forest and dodged the killer mosquitos, I couldn't wrap my mind around the strength, height and power that God created in that enormous and magnificent Redwood forest. The forest is dense and there is so much mystery in the trees that are down, burnt and bending toward the sunlight. The part that warmed my heart the most was the huge powerful trees that were standing so strong on their own yet that wasn't enough for them...they needed something more...they bent and leaned and reached to get closer to the warmth of the sun...I find myself doing the same thing. I can be fairly strong on my own but nevertheless, I find myself bending, leaning and reaching for the Son...I need His warmth to sustain me, to encourage me to keep going and the filling within to continue to press on toward my goal: eternity in Heaven. I'm grateful for the trees at Jed and the gentle encouragements they gave me.

You, O king, are that tree! You have become great and strong; your greatness has grown until it reaches the sky, and your dominion extends to distant parts of the earth. Daniel 4:22

May we resemble a tree like this...deep roots as our foundation, growing strong and broadening our tent to reach those around us. Loves y'all...Alli out!

2 comments:

Shannon D said...

I'm totally behind and need to read your blog. But it's late and I must go to bed right now..I'll catch up later!

~A.Sha said...

This is a very beautiful post!