Monday, August 11, 2008

Safety 101...


We have been enjoying our brand new trampoline in our backyard this week. Between Jett's suggestions and my own research, we purchased one with all the safety bells and whistles. The kids have been running in circles over the past several days...out of the pool and into the tramp and back and forth in the 95 degree weather...my ideal summer day for them. Today, as I was showing another momma all the great features, Sailor was climbing out of the tramp net, carefully stepping onto the stool and oops...a little tumble onto the grass...SO I THOUGHT! A delayed scream alerted me and the other mom something was not okay with her. Her arm wasn't in the correct position and everyone started to panic. My mental Rolodex quickly pulled up the same situation with Jett 6 years ago. Dislocated...head to the ER. En route on my 5 minute momma ambulance drive, I pulled into our pediatrician's office and our favorite doc did the not so fun job of pulling, twisting and realigning my screaming girls elbow. As soon as it was over, she whimpered, "thank you" to the staff that was holding her still. So polite!

Moral: Trampolines can be dangerous, even with bells and whistles, but stepping stools are worse!

No comments: