Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I've missed blogging...













There will probably be several posts before the night is over due to my withdrawls from the internet and blog and the need to purge my brain of all that's happened in my life over the past few weeks away.

Ode to Ashland: Everyone may love the town they live in but I will go down swinging that mine is exceptional. Despite a naked lady, insane amounts of liberalism and a city council that needs it's own therapist...I LOVE ASHLAND! Locals in the valley refer to it as "7 straight miles surrounded by reality". I agree...I try to save up my household shopping for a rare trip into the "big city" of Medford twice a month (10 miles north) because I don't like leaving my beautiful, impeccable, cozy surroundings. I love the ski mountain 20 minutes away and the lake for our boat 10 minutes down the road. It's becoming an unfortunate mecca of "spirituality" but the art, wine and theater culture is deep and diverse. I walk most mornings in the summer outside and there is not a hill, country road or town street that I haven't stopped to thank God for creating all that surrounds me. I especially love walking in Lithia Park, our "Central Park", because the coolness of the creek on the paths at dawn is a refreshing time to reflect on God's uncontainable goodness He's bestowed on me.

After our long trip away, I realized that being away feels like work to me and being home in Ashland during the summer is the best vacation ever. Every morning I wake up excited for the heat, the activities and who God will put in my path.

P.S. We have 55 extra rooms if any of you want to come see if I'm telling the truth about A-Town...ATP as the high schoolers have on their t-shirts...Ashland Town Pride!

No comments: