Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm waiting to feel like a runner...

I'm 4 weeks into my 10 week training for the Eugene 1/2 Marathon. After running a few races last year and my wonderful 216 mile relay with my Twisted Blister team, I took the winter off. I've been running for a month and waiting for it to get easy. I struggle every time I run. Saturdays are the long run of 4 each week and tomorrow I was supposed to run farther than I ever have in my life...10 miles. I have company in town so I decided tonight I'd tackle it. I ate what I needed to, stayed especially hydrated for an extra day but by mile 9 I was dizzy, foggy and ready to heave. However, I'm done right this second and so very tired. Oi Vey, 11 next Saturday and not sure if I can go through that again. Lord help me stay motivated, run the good race, the race marked for me...

I need to keep Paul's words in Hebrews and Corinthians at the forefront of my mind: ”So let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us" and ”Run in such away to win the prize“. My prize will be great accomplishment for something I thought I could never do. For the last 20 years I've said I'm not a runner...I'm waiting to feel like a runner still but after my Eugene adventure, I hope I can finally believe it!

No comments: