Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Runner on board

Sailor has been interested in my new running hobby. We ran a practice 1 mile loop the other day and did some sprints because she wants to get in really good shape for soccer. She wants to run every night when time allows. Tonight was our Cascade Lakes Relay team reunion bbq at our house. We watched an awesome video slideshow of our race...so fun to reminisce. As soon as it was over Sailor wanted to go running. So at 9:00 pm after everyone was gone, Auntie Sarah, Sailor and I headed out into the dark streets to enjoy the night air, crickets singing and beautiful stars. We planned for another mile run but Sailor was happily chatting away the whole time so we kept going. We got home and mapped our run (mapmyrun.com) and we ran 2.5 miles!!!! Oh my goodness...Sailor was beaming when we told her how far she went. She's so excited and is set on running the October 5K run with me and Auntie Sarah. I've imagined a life of exercising with my kids since I was a teenager and tonight just sunk in to me that the time is here...what an exciting blessing!

1 comment: