Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jett goes to college...

Say it ain't so Joe...we dropped off Jett at OSU Beaver Baseball Camp last week and it was extremely strange. Josh and I left the girls at Auntie Baboo's house the day after my race to take Jett to college. We settled him in his dorm and left him in the courtyard awaiting stranger adults to care for him for the next 5 days. Jett has been having major "falling asleep" issues...anxiety, growth, pre-teen hormones, whatever it is I was anxious about him not having me to help him fall asleep each night. Therefore, I sent drugs with him, Tylenol PM to be specific but it was the best I could come up with to help him fall asleep if he needed it. He went with 3 friends. One had a phone for all the boys to use but no one did EXCEPT for my son. He called at every break to cheerfully say, "Hi" and 14 times between 9 pm-1 am crying for me to come "save" him from his sleep issues. It was so sad but we prayed and encouraged and STRONGLY encouraged and he got through it and is even talking about going to camp again...hmm...we'll see...
Pic #1 - Jett chillin' in his dorm! I worked hard all week prior to camp to give him good roommate etiquette and personal hygiene 101 lessons.
Pic #2 - The 3 boys, looking slightly scared yet trying to play it cool, as we said farewell for the week.
Pic #3 - We look WAY too young to be dropping our baby off at college...hopefully we'll still say this in 7 years when we do it for real...did I just say 7 years???
Pic #4 - Jett catching in the "Show Case" on the final day of camp...his friend Kye up to bat.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

how totally strange to drop him off at a college! too bad he is having sleep issues! That is NO FUN AT ALL!