Saturday, June 20, 2009

happy Birthday...in true 80s fashion...

Today is Auntie Sarah's birthday. Since she was born in 1983, she decided to throw herself an 80s birthday. The only present she asked for was that we all come dressed up in TOTALLY RAD costumes. Surprisingly...everybody did!
The party guests included: Madonna, Olivia Newton-John and friends, Blondie, Bruce Springstein, a "revengeful" Nerd and his hooker gal pal, Richard Simmons, Sonny Crocket, Gem from the Holograms, butt-rocker and a super cute Billy Idol.
We played games such as a food relay, blind balloon hunting and an intense Connect 4 Tournament. The championship game was the birthday girl and Chase and no joke, completely legit, Chase won the whole 15 person tourney.
We ate a family recipe of Chicken Roll-ups, which Sarah said she hasn't had since the 80s so I had to teach her how to make them. Dessert was ladybug brownies sitting on pads of green ice-cream grass.

I've just got to say, "I LOVE MY FAMILY". My kids each said it throughout the evening how much they love our family because we're SILLY! To boot, we even had the cops at our door because our backyard neighbors were tired of hearing the 80s music playing outside for 4 hours. If you ask me, that's a successful party when the cops come...and laugh it off when a girl answers the door in a bright green wig and says, "I'm sorry officer, it's my birthday!"

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Can I just say.... You guys totally ROCK my world!! :) I miss Gem and the hollograms!!! Definitely one of my favorite childhood shows. HOoray for the 80s! ♥E